Wednesday 10 April 2019

Making The Case For A People’s Brexit, by George Galloway

I am running in the European Elections in the North West England constituency on a platform of helping secure the full implementation of the British people’s decision to leave the EU. I seek the votes of ALL who support that democratic demand.

There will be others standing on that platform. Voters will have to calculate which candidate will make the greatest impact on the plutocrats in Brussels, on British public opinion, on the cause of Brexit. Me or them? 

I stand in the Labour tradition of Mr Benn, Mrs Castle, Mr Foot and Mr Shore. I will be a militant fighter for the working people in the North West for as long as we take to leave the EU. I will use the platform of the European Parliament for all the causes with which I am associated.

The people of Palestine, Kashmir, Africa and Latin America will have a voice in me in the European Parliament for as long as I am there. I will seek better relations with Russia, and China, and all the rising economies of the world. I will work for the isolation of Saudi Arabia.

Today I am in Manchester, and tomorrow in Liverpool. Over the next weeks, I will be in as many cities, towns and villages as I can afford, making the case for a People’s Brexit: Rochdale, Bolton, Wigan, Chester, Birkenhead, Oldham, Lancaster, Nelson, Burnley, Blackburn, and Blackpool.

If you want to know what impact I would make in the European Parliament, take a look at what I did to the US Senate in 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment